How much do you brew in a year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first brewday was 01/27/07 and tomorrow's batch is number 6. Looks like I'm on a 60 - 75 gallon pace... gotta pick it up!

Someone asked me that question the other day..."how much have you brewed this year?"

I calculated that I've brewed 105 gallons YTD. Since I just started doing 10-gallon batches, I figure that'll pick up the pace a bit and I guess I'll be around 250 for the year.

Problem is...I only have 45 gallons on hand so....where the F has all that beer gone? :ban:

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to do the math.

Hmmm. 60 gallons in 4 1/2 months. That's about 3 gallons a week or 4.5 beers a day. Sounds normal to me. :D

Brewed 55 gal so far this year (11 x 5-gal). Dumped one of those (a misguided attempt to rescue a Mr Beer Kit that someone gave me 3 years ago).

Got 25 gallons of that on hand still (baby due next month, so I'm the only one drinking the HB so far this year), and my next 8 recipes all lined up. Aiming for 2 brews a month, or 120 gal for the year. May cut that back if we decide to move, though...don't want to worry about moving a bunch of full cornies.

BierMuncher said:
I calculated that I've brewed 105 gallons YTD. Since I just started doing 10-gallon batches, I figure that'll pick up the pace a bit and I guess I'll be around 250 for the year.

Problem is...I only have 45 gallons on hand so....where the F has all that beer gone?

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to do the math.
Are you sure you haven't been using the telphone as a calculator again when you've been drinking? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :D

Of course I would NEVER go over the 200 gal limit, but lets see, 52 weeks a year, that is 52 saturdays, saturday = 5 gal... i guess I must have mis calculated my sizes. it must only be 3.8461538461538461538461538461538 gal. per batch. Guess the glass carboy shank when I washed it with warm water. ;)

An interesting question,

According to my records I brewed near 300 gallons of ale 2007.
Dern, thats a lot of ale.

"Originally Posted by Chimone
no man, you guessed around 199 remember"?
because going over 200 breaks some law......

Oh yeah, no I didn't, it was only 200.
I am bottling up the last two batches of the season today and tomorrow.
1,000 bottles, was my brewing 'goal' this year.
But I only achieved 500.
The final count was:
{510 + 7-8 in the fridge, I called it a good '500'}

'500', full, washed, green glass,
'Bavarian' beer bottles with Grolsch caps on-em,
all in the same place and at the same time was my brewing achievment for the year.
But with 60 gallon a month capacity,
and brewing for 6 months,
I must have brewed bottled and drank:
3,000 bottles or more!
Dern!
That really seems like a lot of beer.
Hmmmm

But the homebrew hoard is already going down,
and in two months it will be all gone, sniff.

I am however into 'Dundee Honey Brown', and even though it is expensive and not as good as 'Mein Acht Pfund Hammerbier'
it will do, till my birthday in mid- November when I can get to brewing again

Y'all,
bottling is slow
and you need the paitence of a zen monk
to bottle 3,000 bottles of beer.

But then,
you have 3,000 bottles of beer!

J. Winters Von Knife

'Crazyknife'

Im only in my second year but I'm on a pace to brew about 48 gal. this year. I only do small batches so thats about 2 per month. Guess I'm really hooked on this now.

:mug: I have been doing one 5 gallon batch per weekend since I started brewing in January, that schedule will put me at like 260 gallons by end of year. I doubt that I will keep up the every weekend thing since I will run out of fridge space here in about two batches. I will squeek in at just under the legal 200 for the year I think.:mug:

im on ten gallons to date,im a newbie ,and ,pulling newbie mistakes ,ouchhhhhhhhhhhh.

I've brewed a 5gal batch every Sunday since I've started so I am at 35 gal right now and plan on keeping the Sunday brew tradition.

CHEERS :mug:

Since the end of Nov 2006, I've done 8 batches, so that's 40gal. I'm headed to grad school in the UK in mid-September though, so I doubt I'll make it to 100gal. But I'll be relying on all you UK HBTers to help me find a nice LHBS in either Sheffield or Oxford. :mug:

revrand65 said:
i brew about 200 gallons a year..i'm the only drinker since i have my kegerator locked down really good....hmmm can you say dad loves his beer!!!even got the cholesterol down from 320 to 153...go home brew!

Wait, your cholesterol went down?

I started dong this 7 weeks ago. 7 X 5 = 35 gallons. I am planning on buying more buckets and another big pot so I can do 10 gallons@week. Even brewing beer the easy way, I can make better beer than I can buy! :D

look if we were just drunks we'd drink cheap liquor. Beer is like fine food! it must be consumed in appropriate quantities but can be part of a healthy life. I f#%@n' love beer man and i love brewing. i brew 5 gallons a week so 260 a year.

orfy said:
Is this serious because I thought beer increased it!

Very true -- most beer drinkers, those who consume five or more a week, other health issues aside, rarely have heart problems, cholestrol problems and generally do not consume a lot of "sweets."

Oh and I brew about 50 gallons a year, my favorite being raspberry porter (recipe from Austin Home Brew).

Hops are versatile. Organic chicken farmers are using hops as a replacement for the antibiotics chicken factories use. And it's been known for decades that heart problems decrease in the bible belt during the summer, just as beer consumption peaks.

I brew about 12 batches a year, used to be more before I moved to Oregon, but it's all for me now. I may not brew for two months, then do three batches in a row.

Holy Monkey! There's a 200 Gallon limit in AZ? OOPS! I drink more than that....there's no saying how much I brew!

Today makes 60 gallons of beer and 36 gallons of Apfelwein. I don't think the 200 gallon limit will affect me, plus I think the Apfelwein falls into the wine category which is another 200 gallons (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

rsizemore said:
Holy Monkey! There's a 200 Gallon limit in AZ? OOPS! I drink more than that....there's no saying how much I brew!
In Texas the legal limit is 100 gallons per year per individual living in the house who is 21 or older -- or, in our house we can legally brew up to 200 gallons a year. But think about it --- who's going to tell on you? The supply store where you purchase your supplies? I don't think so!

30 gal so far this year, but I just started brewing in February. I've been brewing a 5 gal batch every weekend for the past 3, and I can forsee that trend continuing for quite some time! :mug:

So far 45 Gallons since Dec. 07. This don't include the 10 gallons or so in the Mr. Beer Kit.

I do about 45 - 50 gallons a year. But I don't drink a lot and some of my beers take a long time.

98EXL said:
yeah, I'm sure it's not hard for you to do 20 batches a year huh?
I just moved to 10-gallon batches about...12 batches ago so with 5-gallon batches each of the other weekends this year....tis about 26-27 brew sessions.

Back