How much can alcohol can you handle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
how many beers can you drink in a sitting without puking or blacking out?

My best is 8 duvels and a 6 pack of firestone union jack.

I feel like this is a dangerous 'Challenge Accepted' moment for me... so I'll just back away while saying 4 pack of Old Rasputin 4 pack of Delerium Tremens and a couple double shots of Jack...

I feel like this is a dangerous 'Challenge Accepted' moment for me... so I'll just back away while saying 4 pack of Old Rasputin 4 pack of Delerium Tremens and a couple double shots of Jack...
Not a challenge but i forgot to mention those duvel were triple hop version.

Physically it depends on ones body mass, liver function, heart health, gut viability and various other factors. Everyone will be different.

That's why measuring such things is foolish. You would have to ask a person's weight, height, how long they've been drinking alcohol, what they've had to eat, how healthy they are in general, etc... even at that it's only useful for that person.

Some people's reaction is not only puking, they die as their body cannot handle the poisonous amount of alcohol present in their system. Seriously. Reference fraternity deaths.

Last edited:
I thought this would be a fun thread but all it did was remind myself that i'm a depraved beer guzzling swine
Physically it depends on ones body mass, liver function, heart health, gut viability and various other factors. Everyone will be different.

That's why measuring such things is foolish. You would have to ask a person's weight, height, how long they've been drinking alcohol, what they've had to eat, how healthy they are in general, etc... even at that it's only useful for that person.
of coarse its stupid, that's why i'm on the drunken rambling mindless mumbling section

I understand the science . . . But I do sometimes miss the days when we argued over who the winner was - The first guy to pass out at the quarters table - or the last man standing . . .wobbling . . .standing . .

It's been a loooooong time since I've tested my limits. In my late teens and early 20s I did get blotto quite a bit. But that was on cheap beer, like Old Milwaukee or Old Style. A 12-pack or more.

Today, 4 or 5 pints of good beer will be my limit for an evening. A bomber of Belgian strong ale or RIS will give me a nice buzz.

I don't think most people would admit to what they actually drink because they could be labeled as an alcoholic. But..a few nights a week I do not drink and then they could possibly be followed up with a 4 drink night. If there is a party that starts at say...1 pm and goes until 3 or 4 am then 20+ is easily in the question. When I say this, I also must admit that usually it is some sort light beer...like ML, BL, or busch Light.

I don't think most people would admit to what they actually drink because they could be labeled as an alcoholic. But..a few nights a week I do not drink and then they could possibly be followed up with a 4 drink night. If there is a party that starts at say...1 pm and goes until 3 or 4 am then 20+ is easily in the question. When I say this, I also must admit that usually it is some sort light beer...like ML, BL, or busch Light.
Its not alcoholism its a hobby... Heard alcoholics that smoke weed have healthier livers. Ugh one more health trend lol

I black out at 13. Now nicknamed "baker's dozen". Call me a lightweight but I really don't care. I'm usually happy with between 2 and 4 beers at 5%ABV. Whatever. It's a "cock measuring exercise". Makes for an entertaining thread though.

Back when I was a "kid" I had several incidents with liquor that ended up with me involuntarily purging. I've never blacked out, however. I've never gotten sick off beer, but I did get have to walk it off once at a kegger.

Now, being drunk makes me angry at myself, and let's me know I was far past enjoying the beer.

I'm 25 and the only time I ever get sick is when I drink tequila or vodka after drinking beer.

Last summer I put back a few 6 packs of summer shandy at a cook out while playing badminton. I hope to double that amount next summer!

I black out at 13. Now nicknamed "baker's dozen". Call me a lightweight but I really don't care. I'm usually happy with between 2 and 4 beers at 5%ABV. Whatever. It's a "cock measuring exercise". Makes for an entertaining thread though.

I can get drunk one drink. Usually, the 12th one.

Couldn't tell you. Any time I've gotten to that point I would have lost count of how many. I know I wouldnt try intentionally.
I also know it would be measured in gallons rather than cans or pints. But depending on the brew, could be more or less. And what qualifies as a sitting? 6 pack in an hour is not the same as a 12 pack over an afternoon. Abv difference, how much I've been drinking leading up to the event, food intake, how hot it is outside. Pints vs cans vs bombers vs 750s vs growlers?

Too many variables to compare.

Latest posts

Back