How many gallons of homebrew in 2011?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+25

5 Wheat (to be flavored with something I'm thinking cranberrys)
5 Wheat (to be flavored with something I'm thinking cuccumbers)
5 Christmas spice ale
5 Caribou slobber
5 Drunken Farm Girl

40569.5 + 10 (from post above) + 25 (mine)=40604.5

+ 0.5 Apfelwein test batch

(fun conversation...Wife: "honey, have you seen that bottle of apple juice I just bought?" Me: "uh...yeah...I think the yeast got to it first, look at the bubbles."

Are these huge totals (40,000+ gallons) total career gallons or are you guys really brewing that much in a single year?

Are these huge totals (40,000+ gallons) total career gallons or are you guys really brewing that much in a single year?

This is not the accomplishment of one brewer if that is what you are asking. Wouldn't be a smart move to be claiming to brew more than what is legally allowed in your state.

5 IIPA- Simco/Centennial
5 burning River clone
5 Winter ale.

What is the record year so far? Does 2011 take the honors?

Looks like we need to push out some further brew, but I think we'll make it. Just going back the previous 3 complete years:

2010 = 42,484
2009 = 30,862
2008 = Some posted, but seemed to be informal count

15 gallons American Pale Ale
5 gallons Russian Imperial Stout
5 gallons English IPA
5 gallons Porter
5 gallons Irish Red

40805 + 35 = 40840

This is not the accomplishment of one brewer if that is what you are asking. Wouldn't be a smart move to be claiming to brew more than what is legally allowed in your state.

I see. This is the total of everyone on the forums here. I shall add my brews then.

5 gallons American Amber
5 gallons Liberty Ale clone IPA
5 gallons Pumpkin Porter
5 gallons Fat Tire clone

40840 + 20 = 40860

Looks like we need to push out some further brew, but I think we'll make it. Just going back the previous 3 complete years:

2010 = 42,484
2009 = 30,862
2008 = Some posted, but seemed to be informal count

I think we can do it :) We have reached the time of year when some folks start posting their yearly, and totally believable, totals of 100usg single/200usg family ;)

Back