How many gallons at a time do you brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We live in two different states so When she moves to Texas we'll only be paying for one place.

Nice to have a sugar momma! SWMBO makes more than me now, but I'll make more later.

When you get married you always *think* you'll save money, but somehow it never quite works out that way. :confused:

Ten to twelve gallon batches for "proven" house recipes. I split the wort into two six gallon better bottles and then use two different yeast strains.

It's nice when a keg blows to grab a backup keg and pop it into the keezer. Plus, I think the second keg is better as it's had more time to condition.

I'll brew five gallon batches to test or tweak recipes.

I brew 1 gallon test recipes, but when doing a full brew day, I like to brew 12 gallons of whatever house pale I am interested in drinking, and also will brew a 6 gallon batch of something a bit more special and expensive. 19 gallons would be the most in one day yet, but within a month, I am going to be able to brew 31 in an evening :) :)

I do 5.5 gallon batches and have 3 or 4 fermenting at any given time......ya gotta keep that pipeline going.

Ummm, usually at least 40gal. sometimes as high as 80gal. I don't brew often, but when I do I go for it.

20-30 here, but that usually gets split between a few guys. sometimes I'll do 7 for myself

I run a 10gal electric keggle that's pipelined. I mash the next batch while boiling.
I just run multiple batches in a day times (up to 6). it's either a one whole day, or 2 day affair.

As much as i can fit in available equipment. I have 2 one g jugs, a 6.5g BB a 6 gallon bucket, a 8 gallon bucket and a Coopers fermenter. So depending on whats free, ill do anywhere from 6 to 17 gallons. 20 gallon BK limits my ceiling.

It depends on if you're using a kit or not (or adding to one). I like to do 6 gallon batches. That's 30 740-750ml bottles,about 45 500ml's,or about 60 12oz'rs. A bit more bang for the buck.:tank::rockin:

Within a year of starting the 5 gal brewday has turned into 20 gal, two 10 gal batches. I've brewed this once a month since Nov. Talk about loading up the pipeline. It actually worked out well as we hosted a New Years party and I took a keg and some bottles to the beach this past weekend for a St Patties party. Serve a keg to friends and still have one left for personal consumption.

Normally either 6 or 12 gallon batches with most being 12 gallons. Occasionally several of my friends and I get together for a group brew and we can produce a 30 gallon batch. The limitation is the 32 gallon direct fired MT. We boil in a 55 gallon SS drum which could handle up to about a 48 gallon boil volume allowing for some freeboard. The one BBL batch is the largest we have done to date. Boiling the big batch with a Banjo burner was no problem at all.

Back