How long will bottles explode?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducas

Reaction score
So I haven't checked my bottles in a few weeks. Now we see one has blown! Its been a while since it blew cause there is no liquid left on the ground and everything I'd dry. My question is: will more be exploding in the coming weeks??

Thanks!

If you only had one do it, and it appears to have been awhile, it more than likely was an anamoly. Maybe a bottle with a weak spot in it, or perhaps an infection in ONLY that bottle. I wouldn't worry about. I find that every once in awhile in batches, that the rest of them are fine.

It probably happened in the first 3 weeks of carbonation, which is usually about how long a beer takes. And if it hasn't happened to any more, I would tend to think that will be the only one.

I'd be careful when I opened them, but I would stress out about it. If it was an over primed batch OR an across the board infection it would have more than likely been a chain reaction.

chilling the bottles will lower the pressure inside as the CO2 is absorbed into the liquid, so your chances of having more blow after you put them in the fridge should be even lower.

Latest posts

Back