How long to age Maibock beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grc215

Reaction score
Brewed a Maibock and wanted to know if it will be ready by a friends party which falls 2 weeks after bottling

Assuming that you did this as a true Maibock (one of my favs) with lager yeast, ideally you would want to cold lager this at 35*F or so, one week for every ten gravity points. For example, a 1.060 lager would stay in cold storage for six weeks or more before serving.

It will probably be drinkable at two weeks. It would be significantly better at 6-8 weeks.

Are you bottle carbing? If so, go buy some nice craft beer for the party.:D

I have a Maibock lagering in the keg since about two weeks ago. I am also entering a contest, so I bottle primed for the last two weeks at 68F, then I threw the bottles in the lager freezer with the keg for about 4 days until I have to enter them later this week. I'm not expecting much since I've essentially missed out on the lager phase, but who knows. :(
Maibock is one of my favorite beers.

Latest posts

Back