How long should I wait?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheatmeister

Reaction score
Just kegged my 1st keg last night, a german hefe I brewed 8 days earlier. It finished quick, used 3068 and it went to town. Set PSI to 30 and will bring it down to 11 or 12 tonight. What's the ideal time frame to wait before the hefe is leaving the "green" phase..3 weeks? What about non-hefe's? Basically the same as it is in bottles?

Is 11 or 12 going to be carbonated enough? In my fridge, set to 40f, I need 20+ PSI to be in the right range for a hefeweizen.

The green phase for wheat beers is very short. I'd carb it up and start drinking.

If it only sat in primary for eight days I would give it a month before it will lose the green flavors.

Is 11 or 12 going to be carbonated enough? In my fridge, set to 40f, I need 20+ PSI to be in the right range for a hefeweizen.

The green phase for wheat beers is very short. I'd carb it up and start drinking.

good point, according to my kegerators.com chart i should be in the 13-20 PSI range for my 38 deg fridge

Let your tongue be the guide. When it tastes good enough where you want a whole pint, grab a whole pint. See how it changes over time.

Back