How long for beer to carb up in a keg at 10psi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EROK

Reaction score
Beer was racked into the keg at room temp. I am wondering when it should be fully carbed? Fridge temp is 35 deg.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you are carbing the beer at 35 degrees and 10PSI? Depending on what type of beer it is you should have a some carbonation at about a week and decent amount of carbonation at 2 weeks. I typically carb my beer around 40 degrees and 10-12 PSI and it takes about 2 weeks to get carbonation that is drinkable.

One way I've found to accelerate the process slightly is to turn the keg on its side (more surface area of beer exposed to the CO2) and rock it back and forth with the pressure on, for a good few minutes. Then stand it back up so beer doesn't work its way into the lines. If I do that a few times over an hour or two, right after kegging, I can normally get good carb levels within a week or so.
-Kevin

I usually let it go for about two weeks before messing with it.

Back