how long can I keep.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlainD

Reaction score
Austin Homebrew Supply

Seems like a good day deal to me.... I'd like to pick a couple up but I'm not sure what would happen if I sit on them for a month? Would this have negative effects?

Buy it if that's what you want. If you will be waiting longer than a month you could get your yeast later. Stash it in the refrigerator and it will be good to go. Or seal it up against moisture and keep in the coolest, driest place you have and it will also be good.

Buy it if that's what you want.

It sounds good! but cost is the reason I'm drawn to it. I don't make much in the army now and next month I'll be living off the GI bill. 24.30~ for a yield of 50 is under $.50 a beer......

It's a pretty decent price for a mini-mash kit, but there are a few northern brewer kits that you can get every day for that price. If you like the style, grab one or two. Unless you only brew every six months, stability should be fine if you keep it frozen/refrigerated.

If you can mini mash, though, check out some of the low gravity all-grain kits at NB. Small grain bills mean you can brew in a bag on your stovetop with no more equipment than the mini-mash, and the kits clock in under $15 every time.

Note: I know I sound like a NB shill, but I'm also always trying to save money and NB hasn't let me down on kits yet. The key is low gravity, and AHS doesn't have the best selection in that area.

That "stout flowing like wine" comment sucked me right in. It sure will be flowing like wine here in a little more than a month from now

Back