How does this product not exist anymore?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
Seriously, I've been looking for an LED clock that is battery powered only or can switch between cable and battery. It seems this product does not exist anymore. Sure, there are clocks that take batteries... but it's a "Battery Backup" .... I'm am soooooooooooo f**king sick of seeing that phrase.

I don't even care if I would have to switch out batteries on a regular basis... I just need something that is battery powered, will stay lit constantly (no "On Demand" backlight) and is large enough to see about 15 feet away. It's for our new bookshelf that completely obscures the nearest outlet.

Man, if only I still had every single LED clock I've ever owned in the 90's, those suckers at least took C-cell and D-cell batteries....

Stole em for flashlights? I don't get it...hehe

My wife uses her phone at night...clock stays on all night. Maybe repurpose a smartphone if you have an old one lying around. I know, a stretch, but it would work!

if you're not stuck on LED - here's an analog for a bookcase:

Creative+Table+Clock_BonjourLife.com1.jpg

Dude, I've got this little lcd alarm clock, and this won't help you a bit but, I've had it like 10 years. I've had to change the single AA battery twice, in like 10 years of continuous on. Got it for .99¢ too.

That is a failed product. Apparently women kept stealing the C cells for other devices.
HA! But nah, SWMBO's uses AA

if you're not stuck on LED - here's an analog for a bookcase:

Creative+Table+Clock_BonjourLife.com1.jpg
If I didn't need to see it in no/low-light I would be all over that. Pretty awesome.

Apparently the OP hasn't mastered google. First search I did:

http://www.4alarmclocks.com/el33ladidial.html

The LED stays on at night. Pretty darn close to what he wanted.

MC
Oh after an hour or so of looking through many a website I gave up on looking for back-lit clocks since most of them are "On Demand" lights. I may have seen that one in the previews but immediately ignored it.

This looks promising but we'd both much rather have a light-up LED display with a black background. We both wear glasses and LCD on a back-light is hard to read 15 feet away with no glasses on.

But this is definitely going to be my back-up choice if I can't find exactly what we're looking for.

Wow, you must be near-death-tired if you don't follow the 10 year old humor here....

Okay, let me put it this way.... when you tell someone "go f**k yourself" and that someone happens to be a woman, if she took that statement literally she would go home and use this device that would require batteries to achieve its full potential.

Wow, you must be near-death-tired if you don't follow the 10 year old humor here....

Okay, let me put it this way.... when you tell someone "go f**k yourself" and that someone happens to be a woman, if she took that statement literally she would go home and use this device that would require batteries to achieve its full potential.

Things are much clearer in the sober light of the morning :eek:

But then you fall into another category of "toys that require batteries but aren't exactly dildos"

Travel clock is too small.

And we ended up finding an large display LCD with a light sensor so it glows dimly at night.

However, a combination of the dim light and the LCD makes it nigh-impossible to read at night without my glasses. I guess I'll have to keep my glasses near the bed until we find a battery powered LED from the 90's at Savers or something.

ForumRunner_20120723_090152.jpg

Travel clock is too small.

And we ended up finding an large display LCD with a light sensor so it glows dimly at night.

However, a combination of the dim light and the LCD makes it nigh-impossible to read at night without my glasses. I guess I'll have to keep my glasses near the bed until we find a battery powered LED from the 90's at Savers or something.

Sounds like you need one of those projector clocks then.

I'd really like a projector but there's no way they exist in battery-powered form. All the ones I've seen are plug+battery-backup

I'd really like a projector but there's no way they exist in battery-powered form. All the ones I've seen are plug+battery-backup

That is my point. With the projector clock, you can put it somewhere else where there is an available outlet and project the time image to a place you can see it from your chair. Rather than on the bookshelf.

Ah, I see. No there's no good place to put it: any available outlets are either not next to a surface for the clock to sit on or in a corner of the room that both has too many things on the desk/wall but also in an awkward location for checking the time from bed.

I know, first-world problems, right?

Ah, I see. No there's no good place to put it: any available outlets are either not next to a surface for the clock to sit on or in a corner of the room that both has too many things on the desk/wall but also in an awkward location for checking the time from bed.

I know, first-world problems, right?

Ha.

Back