How do you mount your Ball Valves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p40whk

Reaction score
Did some searches but couldn't find anything relevant as I'd like to mount my ball valves to my brew sculpture.

I'm using these 3 way 1/2 inch NPT Ball Valves from Brewhardware.com

There are 4 holes directly under the handle but no other mounting points. Are there any purchasable brackets available or and I stuck having to make my own?

If someone has any suggestions on how to mount these I'd appreciate it. I figured it would be obvious when I ordered them but after looking for a way I couldn't think of anything easy.

Thanks

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do. Once you've screwed something into the three ports it'll be mounted. Unless you were planning on running silicone tubing out of all three outlets or something.

Unless you were planning on running silicone tubing out of all three outlets or something.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

I am using all three outlets. it's part of a HERMs setup and I need the use of all three ports and I'll need to be able to mount the valve on my stand since they wont be mounted directly to my kettles or mash tun.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

I am using all three outlets. it's part of a HERMs setup and I need the use of all three ports and I'll need to be able to mount the valve on my stand since they wont be mounted directly to my kettles or mash tun.

Ah ok fair enough. Usually in situations like that the ball valve is hard plumbed in but I realise that is an extra expense/job

I figured you'd have a solution Bobby, Thanks!

Those mounting points are usually for an electrical/pneumatic actuator that would take the place of the manual handle. you can rig something up to use them it just might be difficult for whatever bolts you use to clear the bottom of the handle.

I ended up ordering two kinds of clamps from McMaster Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#loop-pipe-hangers/=xglzar

And

http://www.mcmaster.com/#loop-pipe-hangers/=xglztn

In the 1-1/2" size. Both will work but the first link (metal) brackets will be much sturdier.

They come 10 to a pack for around $6 so it's a simple cost effective solution.

I suppose as I weld up my stand I could make a mounting plate and mount the valve behind it using the 4 holes by the handle (which I may still do) and label the plate with a flow diagram.

I can't wait to see this in action. That valve it super cool and a great solution to reduce some of the hardware I'll have on my kettle.

I've actually used a lot of the Brewhardware.com valves and fittings to build my HERMs system so I should probably start a build thread to load some pictures.

Latest posts

Back