How do you do gas for two kegs in a standard kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There is room for two kegs in my Danby kegerator and I've done two kegs by setting one up to serve through the tower and the other connected to a second gas tank that's inside the kegerator along with a picnic tap. Open the door to serve from that one.

I'd like to buy a two tap tower and run a more standard two tap setup, but I'm struggling with the best way to run gas. I want to be able to run different pressures to each keg as I might be carbing one while serving another or possibly have significantly different carbonation levels.

I've seen products to enable gas to multiple kegs that seem to run the gamut as far as approach:

• A 2-way manifold that runs the same pressure to all kegs
  • A regulator with two secondary regulators and two hose nipples (all as one unit)
  • A primary regulator and separate pair of secondary regulators.
The dilemma for me is that there's only room for one gas hose going into the kegerator and the tank sits in a rack on the back of the unit. Running an all in one solution with two secondary regulators means I need two hoses going into the unit, so I'd need to mod the kegerator. I'm not thrilled about that idea.

I thought about running a standard primary/secondary pair on the tank, with one hose going into the unit to a pair of secondary regulators mounted internally with each of those feeding a keg. I'm not thrilled with mounting stuff inside either, but there are only so many ways to skin this cat. I'm not sure if this would work, but say I'm carbing one at 30 psi, could I set the external secondary at 30 psi, then set the internal secondary for the serving keg at say 12psi, and the carbing keg at 30 psi? Will a regulator go as high as the supply pressure of 30 or would I need more like 40 psi coming in?

Also, how high could the pressure be going into the unit without concerns of blowing a hose or just battling slow leaks?

I'm curious how others have attacked this problem.

You're going to have to mod something, one way or the other. Is it really that difficult to push another gas hose into the unit? As for leaks, that's entirely up to you. Depends on how good your connections are.

Latest posts

Back