House beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovril

Reaction score
Hello lads and lasses, looking for a bit of advice for a sensible house beer recipe. I've taken a break of about 3 years from brewing all grain..... Fished out all my old equipment, and discovers I have misplaced (or lost, as the mrs is saying) my old recipe notes.... Totally gutted, but taking this as an opportunity to find some new beers. So house beer for me is something we can have with dinner or lunch, not stupidly strong, but a good ipa would be fine, but open to suggestions from you fine folks. Haven't bought the grains yet, but as I live in Shetland it will be limited to what the local Brewer can supply.

biermunchers centennial blonde or yoopers fizzy yellow beer are great choices with mass appeal.
if you're set on an IPA then the recipe database should provide you with plenty of options

Maybe consider a SMaSH if supplies are limited. Maybe a local ale malt and UK or NZ hop. American or British IPA?

amber ale... sometimes pale - hard to mess up in most cases.

base malt - any
Carmel 40
cara pils (or cara foam)
cascade and mt hood hops

play around with how ever you want.

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated. I'll have a look and consider all options. British ipa saazall

Yoops all cascade apa is my house beer. I have brewed it 8times. Brewing it again Sunday. I have changed up the dry hop and late additions (depends if I have any stray hops laying around). It is a sure hit every time

Yoops all cascade apa is my house beer. I have brewed it 8times. Brewing it again Sunday. I have changed up the dry hop and late additions (depends if I have any stray hops laying around). It is a sure hit every time

You may have brewed that more often than I have..............:D

I haven't counted, but I don't think I've brewed it 9 times yet.

It's one of my favorites, though, and I just love that beer. I'm going to brew it again in the next week or so.

Back