• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Hosehead, Bottom Drian Keg, SS Basket and Winch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman2003

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, (updated, Hosehead has been sold)

I am selling my custom bottom drain keg, a custom stainless basket made to fit inside and a winch to easily lift it out.

$100 local pickup/meet in North Texas.

Thanks for looking!

Keg and Basket-1.jpg

Keg and Basket-7.jpg

Keg and Basket-5.jpg

Keg and Basket-4.jpg

Keg and Basket-2.jpg

Keg and Basket-8.jpg

Winch-1.jpg

You could prolly pack **** into the keg and seal it somehow
I received a light mount roof rack in the mail once with a tag and a sticker on it
No actual packing at all

Bassman, if you consider selling just the hosehead let me know, I might be interested.

Thanks!

Someone could do without the winch. You can a replacement at Harbor Freight for cheap. You can't buy a hosehead for $350 let alone a pot and basket. Be worth paying shipping IMHO.

Thanks for the inquiries. Shipping is ok as long as you can make the arrangements (packing and payment).

A little back story about the setup. The basket was made by JBird with one of his false bottoms welded in. Since this setup is not a conical, I thought too much sediment was falling through during the mash. So I purchased some 300 micron and put it in.

This system works fine for barley, but something like a hefeweizen is too gummy. I was going to move to 400 micron before deciding to go to a simpler induction system which I just built up. The screen is not that expensive and can be found on Ebay.

I did have some issues with temperature probes and the Hosehead. Corey sent me some shorter probes and they did work better, but using multiple probes was sometimes a problem. One would disappear from time to time. But I did have a wireless USB keyboard plugged in which Corey said can sometimes cause issues. He tested the unit and said all is working properly.

The winch is from Harbor Freight. Thanks for your interest.

Back