Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
Anyone ever been to one of these restraunts? They used to have them in Tampa when I lived there but a few years they all closed. Weird considering they were always packed and thier beer was good.

Are there any open? Does anyone have thier recipies?

I have one right down the street. I have not been there since before I starting homebrewing. I remember great steaks and good beer. I never thought of cloning their beers. I might go soon to see what I think now.

Isn't this the chain that built their restaurant around the brewery, literally? I mean it was like the 'fishbowl brewery' behind glass, right smack dab in the middle of the place.

If this is the same place, the whole chain went out of business from what I heard.

:drunk:

I went to the hops in Charlotte, NC a few years ago. No idea if they are still open. They had good beers, but not great beers. Nothing I would want to clone.

Still several open in Denver. Decent beer, good food, okay service. Nothing terrible or excellent to report.

Out here we have www.mcmenamins.com They buy old historical buildings & renovate them into brewpubs. Some of the sites are just restaurants (supplied by sister sites), but the brewpubs will have the Company beers and brewmaster's specials.

Called hops and not a single IPA.... tsk tsk.

wtf are you talking about with the food they have steaks burgers chicken and a couple seafood selections.

I used to go to one in Colorado Springs pretty often. I didn't know much about craft beer back then, but I seem to recall enjoying the place quite a bit.

There's one left here in the Richmond area, when there used to be at least two. The beers are pretty good, the food is decent, but expensive for what you get.

I'd say Hops is good if you have few other options.

Latest posts

Back