Hops sprouted before planting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svengoat

Reaction score
I kept them 4 days in a nice cool place but they sprouted anyways, is there any problem with planting them now? It does make finding the top and bottom easier..LOL.. And do I water them to real wet? or just moist?

They can be planted, just get the tips about an inch below the ground...

You don't want them soaked, but decently moist.

Don't worry, I had my cascade roots in the fridge for almost 8 weeks. A few sprouts was a welcome site when I planted them today.

I kept them 4 days in a nice cool place but they sprouted anyways, is there any problem with planting them now? It does make finding the top and bottom easier..LOL.. And do I water them to real wet? or just moist?

I had a centennial that had a good 5" of growth before i could get the hopyard prepared. When I finally planted it I didn't want to bury the entire rhizome 6" below ground so I just left about 1" of the "growth" above ground. Within 3 days the "growth" had turned from white to red/green, and today (9 days later) Is 6" above ground with many leaves.....

You should be fine.

Latest posts

Back