hops screw up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papab

Reaction score
well well well
Yesterday i brew 10 gallons BM Centennial blonde recipe and i screw up I added the amount of hops for 5 gallons recipe instead of 10 gall,
0.25 oz Centennial @ 55 min & 35
0.25 oz Cascade @ 20 and 5 min

Instead of 0.50 oz every step,Should I leave it alone , dry hop or trow it away Any help will be great

Thank you in advance

Don't throw it out. Does the recipe call for dry hopping? Dry hopping will add hop aroma and very little flavor and no bitterness. I'd leave it alone and dry hop after a few weeks.

No
The recipe does not call for dry hoping, But I will gladly try that
thanks for the quick response

Estimating that you had 12 gallons pre-boil, a FG or 1.050, and pellet hops, you're looking at 12 IBUs even. Just a few below the range that BeerSmith suggests here, but not drastic. I'd say leave it the way it is, the blonde ale isn't a hoppy beer anyway so why try adding extra hop bitterness or flavor through a tea, or aroma through a dry hop? If you're aiming for style, you should have a nice clean blonde ale in a couple months.

Back