Hops for Belgian IPA/Hoppy Tripel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennesseean_87

Reaction score
I'm planning on brewing up a double batch of all-pils beer. Plan is a modest bittering addition, then when the boil is done I'll drain off half of it. This half will get lager yeast and ferment cold, lager, etc.

The half remaining in the kettle should get a few ounces of hops, a couple pounds of table sugar, and then ferment with 3522 Belgian Ardennes for a Belgian/Tripel IPA. I'm not sure I want to dry hop it, but I may consider it. I'm thinking 2-3 oz at flame-out/whirlpool for 20 minutes or so. I want some yeast character to come through, but also to get a nicely hoppy beer. OG with sugar should be about 1.070.

I have Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy, Sabro (not sure I like it), some Centenntial (I used a lot in a DIPA and wasn't wowed by it--maybe a bad year or too old), 1 oz of Amarillo (prolly a few years old), Bru-1, and Sterling. What do you guys think would go well with this beer?

Last edited:
Back