• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hops and Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheldon said:
Second time, I an interested in all the dry yeast, how much is shipping to 22192?

Sheldon

For the remaining dry yeast,shipping is going to be 7.89

For the remaining dry yeast,shipping is going to be 7.89

Just curious why the shipping is so high? These could easily fit in a flat rate envelope, or even just a First Class mail envelope. which should be less than $5.30 at most.

Small Flat Rate box would hold them all and it is $5.35

landshark said:
Just curious why the shipping is so high? These could easily fit in a flat rate envelope, or even just a First Class mail envelope. which should be less than $5.30 at most.

Small Flat Rate box would hold them all and it is $5.35

zeekage said:
I asked the same thing earlier in this thread about the dry yeast.:confused:

I am choosing to ship via ups.

I am choosing to ship via ups.

I see some people do this from time to time with UPS (or FedEx) and I wonder why. What is it about UPS/FedEx that I don't know that makes people shy away from USPS when it's clearly cheaper and would cause their items to sell faster? I could see for larger items (even so USPS Parcel Post is pretty cheap), but for small inexpensive things that fit in envelopes I am curious why you would be adverse to shipping USPS.

I'm honestly curious as to why, and am not just trying to be a jerk. I have no problem with you picking a specific carrier and sticking to it. :rockin:

zeekage said:
I see some people do this from time to time with UPS (or FedEx) and I wonder why. What is it about UPS/FedEx that I don't know that makes people shy away from USPS when it's clearly cheaper and would cause their items to sell faster? I could see for larger items (even so USPS Parcel Post is pretty cheap), but for small inexpensive things that fit in envelopes I am curious why you would be adverse to shipping USPS.

I'm honestly curious as to why, and am not just trying to be a jerk. I have no problem with you picking a specific carrier and sticking to it. :rockin:

It simply boils down to ease of use. I have a ups account at work and don't have to travel anywhere to get items shipped out. Also the post office in the city I live in is no where close to my home or work.

Back