Hopped cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutch

Reaction score
Has anyone tinkered with a hopped cider..if so how did it turn out and how did you go about it? Thanks

I made a 'brown sugar'(Indian Summer cider, us-05 yeast, brown sugar to sg 1.058) cider that i fermented and left alone til clear, then dry hopped for about 4 days with some Cascade hops in a little mesh bag. It turned out that the base cider is one of my top 3 so far, and the hopped version was incredible as well. It had a really nice hop / herbal / fruity flavor with no bitterness.

Unfortunately i didn't wright down how much hops i used. It was pelleted.. that's about all i remember. probably only a few grams.

Yes, I dry hopped a cider that had fermented dry with East Kent Goldings. 0.25 oz for 1 gal for 1 week. It was great.

So I'm thinking about doing a 5 gallon batch..after it's fermented dry I was gonna backsweeten to about 1.020-1.030 and add an oz of Amarillo or citra hops for 5-7 days..would that be on track?

I did s dry hopped cider a couple of years back. Cascade I think. This year I’d like to try Citra or some other fruity hop. Nelson? My question is has anyone used fresh hops and is there a difference in technique and flavor?

I haven't hopped cider.
My question is has anyone used fresh hops and is there a difference in technique and flavor?
I LOVE wet hops (in beer). To me the taste is fresh and just awesome.
You just need to adjust the weight when you use them because they're mostly water.

I just finished a one-gallon batch of sparkling apple cider dry hopped with Brewer's Gold nuggets. Kept it in 2ndary about a week. It turned out nice. I'd do it again.

Back