Hop Union 1# bags- resealable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Komocabo

Reaction score
I just got an lb of Simcoe from Hop Union. I am wondering if the bag can be re sealed. It doesn't feel like a zip-lock type seal. Want to know if I should bust out the foodsaver

Don't know if a food saver will seal the type of bag they use.

If you try to reseal it- post your results.

No they do not reseal very well. It will melt the bag together but it takes very little effort to pop the seal. Foodsaver bags have a specific heat range and the foodsaver heat range is not ideal to hopunion pouches. Better to roll up the hop union bag and seal it in a foodsaver bag.

That's what I thought based on my belief that they use a thicker mylar style bag. I always transfer my hops to foodsaver bags when I break into a pound bag.

That's what I thought based on my belief that they use a thicker mylar style bag. I always transfer my hops to foodsaver bags when I break into a pound bag.

Yep, sounds like packaging is on my horizon... I bought 9 lbs, so... um, yeah that's gonna take a while. Its a good problem to have.

Back