hop tea.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a hop tea for my next extract brew.How long should I boil them for,and which extract kit should I go for?Bearing in mind that I live in the uk,and my local supplier has mainly muntons,coopers and youngs lme.Any recipes and tips are greatfully recived.

Well,I was using pre-hopped (bittering only) Cooper's OS cans from the beginning. At first,I took the 2 gallons of water I boiled & added a hop sack with an ounce (28g) of East Kent Goldings in said water for 15 minutes. Removed & drained the hop sacks excess water. Proceed off heat with the OS can. Chill & add to fermenter with top off water. When it hit FG & settled out,I dry hopped with an ounce of willamette. Turned out great with herbal,floral,lemon grass,& earthy hints.

Good info my man,but I only have challenger pellets.I will certainly boil em up at the start.Cheers.

Good stuff,would you use challengers in a ipa or perhaps a lager extract?Still a novice to this game,but loving the results.Thanks in advance for your input.

Latest posts

Back