Hop suggestions for tomorrow's brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkman15

Reaction score
Planning to do a simple pale single malt ale tomorrow with 10lbs of Maris Otter and want to utilize some leftover hops I have around. Here's what I have. Any suggestions on a hop schedule/which to use?

1oz Sorachi Ace (11% AAU)
1oz Willamette (4.8% AAU)
1oz Cascade (4.1% AAU) - different year's batch
.5oz Cascade (7% AAU)
.5oz Amarillo (8.1% AAU)
.5oz Chinook (11% AAU)

What if I used the chinook to bitter and then some combo of the others for the other additions? Probably not the Sorachi as I'm not sure how well that plays with other hops. Thoughts?

Everything but the Soriachi Ace. Bitter with the Chinook and some of your older Cascade, use the rest of the cascade at 10 mins to go, then dry hop with the Willamette and Amarillo.

Soriachi Ace is... not my favorite hop. So I am biased.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a shot. I've had that packet of Sorachi forever. It's not my favorite hop either...

Think I'm looking at:

.5oz Chinook [60 min]
.5oz Cascade (4.1 AAU) [60 min]
.5oz Cascade (4.1 AAU) [10 min]
.5oz Cascade (7.0 AAU0 [0 min]

Dry hop with 1 oz Willamette and 1 oz Amarillo (will pick up another .5oz) for 7 days.

Beersmith puts this at 1.052 OG, 37.1 IBU, 5.6 ABV - pretty much in style for an American Pale Ale

Back