Hop sediment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

val214

Reaction score
New to the homebrew and to homebrew talk. Just brewed my first all grain. I Was not able to capture/filter the hop sediment when transferring the wort to my carboy. I have bubbles and the yeast is hard at work. My main concern is that the wort looks green in the carboy. Will the hop sediment ruin the batch and will the green color go away?

Thanks in advance.

Nope, you're stuck with St. Patty's beer ;) Just kidding.

The hops won't hurt anything. They're floating in the krausen right now, but will settle out or stick to the side of the fermenter. The beer will turn out fine and it will not be green.

You'll be fine. You can strain your wort before you put it in the carboy but it will all settle out so its really up to you. Good luck!

I don't strain hop pellet debris out of my wort, and my beers are always perfectly clear without any strange flavors, so don't worry! They'll settle out with the trub.

Back