Hop leaf discoloration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkiser

Reaction score
Hey guys, a lot of my leaves have a slight discoloration on them. I checked them pretty closely and I don't see any bugs. What could it be? Should I be worried?

image-687330285.jpg

Ive enlarged your pic as much as I can and I think you have two problems here, only theyre not problems. First one is "water splash" this is where water has got onto the leaf and as acted like a magnifying glass and scorched thet leaf. The second is, that its one of the first leaves to be produced and its done its job and is now dying. Absolutley nothing to worry about

Check the underside of the damaged leaves really closely for two-spotted spider mites. Speckled appearance like that is usually a pretty good sign of them.

I agree with johnnyboy. Looks like a new plant? The little girl is growing so fast above and below ground that it is translocating the nutrients out of mature leaves. When the roots get more estabilished, things should balance out. If the bottom leaves keep yellowing, feed her a little more fert. (It is actually good to run a little lean on fert at first- it makes the plant search out nutrients/water and form a better root system.)

Thanks guys for the replies. Regardless of the leaf discoloration, it's still growing like crazy. They are now around 6ft tall.

Back