Hookin up the gas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionalChaos

Reaction score
Woot! Got a 5# tank for xmas, and a nice regulator. Filled the tank today and got hoses, etc... get to hook it up to a keg of apfelwien tonight and take it for a test spin! :mug:

Worked Beautifully... Although I think I need to re-think my ferment and server from the same corny experiment. Sure pushes a lot of yeast at first. Probably healthy though I suppose.. All that Vitamin B..

Also, do you guys leave the gas on all the time? Or turn it back off when not using it? When you turn it off, do you flush the line or regulator of gas?

I guess if I want to ferment and server from the same vessel, it would be best to use a conical so I can dump the yeast.. would make sense.. Maybe just trimming the dip tube and transferring off the old cake and immediately dumping in the second batch on top of the old yeast cake.. Or maybe just trimming the dip tube... I'm going for lazy and quick here :)

Even domed conicals can only hold ~5psi. If you're intent on using a single corny for both fermenting and serving I'd try trimming your dip tube so that you don't suck up so much sediment.

Yea, the more I think about it the more that seems like a good next step to take. I'll look into that for the next batch.

Back