Honey Varietals Queations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielofthedale

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to make my first mead and my girlfriend knows a beekeeper who would give us us the honey to make the mead. He has two honey varietals, Brazilian Pepper and Gallberry alon with Wildflower. My question is what are the flavor profiles of Brazilian Pepper and Gallberry and would you recommend one or both for mead making?

Thanks for any help and information.

If you got your girlfriend on board take a quick forward step and get enough of both varietals to make independent batches, of course offer to pay for the other half. This gives you good reason to get 3 carboys, 1 for each batch plus one to rack into. You might as well start off well. My wife used to count the number of carboys and tell me exactly how many I had until the magic day I overwhelmed her desire to actually count all of them and she now just calls them all of those carboys, learnt that from reading stories from an outdoorsman. WVMJ

Latest posts

Back