homemade Oxygenation system, sort of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub

Reaction score
I've been looking for a used Berzomatic Oxygen regulator for a while now, and the new ones are always sold out at all the usual HBS's. I ran accross this gem on amazon and am wondering if you guys think this will work with some minor modifications.

41KKPHPT8ZL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-19199-019199-Hose-Torch/dp/B0006V6NKY

Im thinking if you connect a hose and a stone, its the same thing as the ones the Homebrew shops sell. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since that is for a propane system, it will have the wrong threads. Oxygen tanks use left hand thread and propane uses right hand. there is a guy on here that pretty much forced a propane regulator onto and oxygen tank and in turn cut new threads into the regulator. I wouldn't recommend this approach though.
Tom

Perfect brewing is my LHBS. Great place. Good group of guys. I picked this up as a kit for about $30ish. I for oxygen I use Bernzomatic oxygen bottles. Cheap and last quite a while.

A torch kit that has the propane and oxygen regulators will do. Just use the one for oxygen. Probably a more expensive way to go but also probably more available.

Back