Homegrown Hop Problem - Leaf Wilt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oktober

Reaction score
Hey All,

I decided this year to plan a couple hop rhizomes and one of my Sterling plants started off growing very well with good progress. However, in the past couple weeks, I've noticed that the upper section of the plant has become sparse with many of the leaves are taking a wilted, curled over appearance. I'm not quite sure what's going on, so I figured I would post for some help.

Here are a couple pictures:

100615+-+First+Year+Sterling.jpg

100615+-+First+Year+Sterling+3.jpg

More details of the issue can be found here.

I'm a little flustered by the problem, so if you have any suggestions or ideas on what's going on or potential solutions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

-Okt

it's hard to figure out what is causing that, but it may be a pathogen. i checked over this website: http://plant-disease.ippc.orst.edu/...earch_str=hop&host_alpha=Select&host_text=hop, and didn't see any that exactly matched yours. there were a few that caused some wilt of leaves (verticillium wilt and downy mildew), but it might take a while for all the symptoms to show up.

have the plants had excessive rain getting to them or anything? have you had much humidity?

Back