Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randar said:
Now you just have a muffintop. :drunk:

Pretty much. I'm working on that. I told my psycho fitness friend(4th or 5th TKD Master Black Belt and crossfitting now) that I was interested in a Spartan Race. Here comes the pain.

Pretty much. I'm working on that. I told my psycho fitness friend(4th or 5th TKD Master Black Belt and crossfitting now) that I was interested in a Spartan Race. Here comes the pain.

Good luck. I can only suggest that you incorporate some running in the 5+ mile range at least a couple times a week. I usually pass any remaining cross-fit people at about mile 2. :D

I suppose I picture Yooper as Kitty Forman from That 70's Show, only younger and with more beer.

afr0byte said:
I suppose I picture Yooper as Kitty Forman from That 70's Show, only younger and with more beer.

Hey, still not a bad image...but I would add that with a good bit of Betty White thrown in for personality. Anyone have more to add?

My desktop at home is a nude Betty White from the 50s from when she posed for a deck of "Racy playing cards."

Yoop, my apologies to both yourself and Bob for the mental picture I just developed.

CreamyGoodness said:
My desktop at home is a nude Betty White from the 50s from when she posed for a deck of "Racy playing cards."

Yoop, my apologies to both yourself and Bob for the mental picture I just developed.

Dangit, Creamy, now I have to look for that...not that I want to, but morbid curiosity demands that I do.

Alpha, I highly suggest you look. She was a knockout. Plus if your wife catches you, you definitely get in less trouble for seeking out Betty White. Not that I would know from experience. ahem.

I actually read all of the comments and was only surprised by a couple of them... but at any rate, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I always pictured Yooper like she is (I never met her but did see a picture of her a while back). But what I picture her personality is as someone who would shoot at you if you stepped on her land! This is not an insult, what I'm trying to say is that in my impression she is the consummate "yooper"... not quite someone from Michigan, not quite Minnesota, not quite American, and not quite Canadian- but a little of all. Fiercely independent, confident, a survivalist, and passionate about her beliefs.

I definitely get the highly intelligent, gentlemanly MalFet...kind of like Charles Darwin.

Now Airborneguy... wow I had that one wrong. I figured he was a mid-sixties, hippie conspiracy theorist who did one tour in a non-combat role in Vietnam and who absolutely hated the government and distrusted everyone. But a younger cop from NY? Never would have guessed it, but I guess in retrospect, it makes sense. Proof how wrong making assumptions about someone can be.

Now ChesreCat (sp?), I picture him to be like the bearded British Guy, Pim Scutney, from Beerfest... but with blonde hair and plays Rugby everyweekend then out to the pub with the team.

Overall I would say that most of the people I have met from HBT have been pretty decent group of folks who share the love for beer.

I keep seeing this. Charles Peirce is probably closer, at least in interests (e.g., linguistics). That's his avatar.

Yeah, that fits too... I guess I was thinking Darwin because of his analytical ability more than linguistics.
EDIT: I just looked up another Charles Pierce (Charles Sander Pierce)- Yes very fitting!

passedpawn said:
I keep seeing this. Charles Peirce is probably closer, at least in interests (e.g., linguistics). That's his avatar.

Thanks for that! Now I remember how I recognized that picture, when I first saw it, and why I am a semiconductor process engineer and not a digital designer.

Swmbo wouldn't have caught me anyway...maybe my manager. Anyway, DAMN she was a looker, and she aged well

I always picture Revvy wearing a ceremonial pulpit robe. But instead of the septor like holy water splasher thingy (I'm sure someone knows what it's called), he carries a hydrometer.

Why, he is a NYC cop. What's the difference?
Man, you must have it good where you live. I moved here from the south side of Chicago, and compared to that the NYPD are like The Queen's Own Mounted Brigade of Merry Gentlemen™. Tea and crumpets every day at half-five.

I've always imagined ABG as the kind of guy who found himself with a neck tattoo by the time he was 17, but then at some point realized that he was much too intelligent to be just a guy with a neck tattoo. He still has the neck tattoo, but now he wears collared shirts most of the time so nobody notices.

Ok, I'm too self involved to not post a pic of me. The cute, sweet, awesome one on the right is me. My wife is the one on the left with the balding pate and dermatitis on the cheeks.

james hitting head.jpg

Ok, I'm too self involved to not post a pic of me. The cute, sweet, awesome one on the right is me. My wife is the one on the left with the balding pate and dermatitis on the cheeks.

Man, she's really ugly. She looks like an ugly guy. But I'm sure she has a nice personality. :D

I've always imagined ABG as the kind of guy who found himself with a neck tattoo by the time he was 17, but then at some point realized that he was much too intelligent to be just a guy with a neck tattoo. He still has the neck tattoo, but now he wears collared shirts most of the time so nobody notices.

I have a big eagle tattoo that comes really close to touching my neck, so I suppose you're not so far off. :mug:

CreamyGoodness said:

Creamy, you have this sort of really naive and inexperienced look to you. Are you sure you're not being taken advantage of in this relationship?

I thought you were into blonde dudes, Yoop?! ;)

Blonde? Nope, never.

Well, except there is this one blonde guy who I am a crazy about. I mean, I'm absolutely enamored with this blonde dude.

He's smart, good looking with blonde hair and blue eyes, with great intelligence and a wonderful sense of humor. He loves to laugh, and has a great sense of humor. He's interested in the outdoors, as well as books.

He's 2 years old, but even so has better verbal skills than many 20 times his age. He's a little shallow, enjoying music like "Old MacDonald" and "The Farmer in the Dell" but he'll listen to Temple of the Dog if pressed.

Hold on. I think I see what Creamy did to us there. He was telling us he was her and she was he.....And something about eggmen and walruseses.

Blonde? Nope, never.

Well, except there is this one blonde guy who I am a crazy about. I mean, I'm absolutely enamored with this blonde dude.

He's smart, good looking with blonde hair and blue eyes, with great intelligence and a wonderful sense of humor. He loves to laugh, and has a great sense of humor. He's interested in the outdoors, as well as books.

Are you talking about me!?!?!? Because, seriously, it REALLY sounds like you're talking about me!!!!

He's 2 years old, but even so has better verbal skills than many 20 times his age. He's a little shallow, enjoying music like "Old MacDonald" and "The Farmer in the Dell" but he'll listen to Temple of the Dog if pressed.

Oh, wait, now it sounds like you're talking about my youngest...

Shooter said:
Are you talking about me!?!?!? Because, seriously, it REALLY sounds like you're talking about me!!!!

Oh, wait, now it sounds like you're talking about my youngest...

Yeah I thought for SURE she was talking about me for a minute there...

Sorry to be slightly off topic but I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Cape Brewing Day. Enjoy the day with your families and for God's sake, be careful on the roads. We all know there some irresponsible people out there that enjoy the day a little too much an then get behind the wheel. No tragedies on a day like today!

That is all.

Back