Homebrewing.org Kegging Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckylindy345

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience buying a kegging setup from homebrewing.org? They seem to have very cheap setups...almost too good to be true, so I thought I would ask around here. Thanks!

Here's the link: Homebrew Kegging System

Also: Will a 10lb co2 tank fit inside my chest freezer or would I need to hook it up outside? Assuming this kit really is a good, legitimate deal, would the 4# co2 be sufficient?

I didn't buy that kegging set up, but I did buy a dual faucet tower from them a couple of years ago (Dual Faucet Draft Tower). It was exactly what was advertised. I had no complaints with the product or the company. They set it up exactly as I wanted and shipped it in a reasonable time. I'd buy from them again.

The 10lb CO2 tanks I've seen are pretty large. It may fit inside your chest freezer, depending on how large the freezer is, but you'll likely want it outside, if possible. That will give you more space in the freezer for additional kegs.

The listings here might give you an idea of the "typical" cylinder size:
Beer CO2 & Nitrogen Gas Cylinders (Air Tanks) - MicroMatic

With my 5lb cylinder, I can dispense about 3-4 kegs. A 4 lb cylinder should probably get you through 2-3. You may want to check around you to figure out where you're going to get it filled. Some places here let you exchange tanks (after you have bought your own cylinder). Some make you "rent" the cylinder from them. All the exchanges I have seen are for 10lb or 5lb. I'm not sure how a 4lb would work. Before you buy one online, make sure someone will fill it or allow you to exchange it.

Awesome! That's really helpful. I'm not too concerned with leaving space in my freezer because it's 20 cu ft and I don't see myself ever getting more than 4 kegs, but thanks for the advice. I think I'll go with the 10# cylinder...I live near downtown cincinnati and with all of the industry here I shouldn't have a problem finding a place to fill the tank. Thanks again for the info!

Back