Homebrewing in/around Cheboygan Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeramyD

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm starting to brew again after a bit of time off. Are there any other fellow brewers in the Cheboygan Michigan area? Send me a message and let me know where you are at. We could get a brew day going!

You wouldn't be the guy from Cheboygan in all those jokes? lolz,jk. There's a lot of members from MI, so you're bound to run into some of them here...:mug:

You wouldn't be the guy from Cheboygan in all those jokes? lolz,jk. There's a lot of members from MI, so you're bound to run into some of them here...:mug:

I must have missed those!

Welcom, JeramyD! I'm not really up by Cheboygan, but I'm in Michigan, and not the big city either!

Not sure if we could work out a meetup or brewday, but I have friends in Petosky and get up that way a couple of times a year.

I used to know a fella from Ford in Cleveland from up that way that new'em all. I can't wait till my lil tuner is road worthy again so I can arrange a few visits.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Do you Michigan folks belong to any brewing clubs around here?

I was thinking about starting one up in my area, but I would definitely join a larger group, even if I could not attend meetups frequently.

I belong to a club in BR. As far as what's up that way, I have no idea. I know there is a supply store in TC, and I would expect them to know of a club in that area.

I think a casual club could be created pretty easily. We took our time and set up bylaws and policies as a matter of course so that we can prepare for situations that might arise down the road. If it were just a club for hanging out, brewing and talking about beer, you probably don't need to do that much work. We are planning on being an educational club focused on making people aware of the hobby, doing experiments, and hosting community events while also having a good time.

Last night at our monthly meeting we held a club competition for American Pale Ales, and this Saturday we are hosting a Learn to Brew Day (in conjunction with the AHA event in November) at a nearby brewery to show people the various aspects of the hobby.

Latest posts

Back