homebrew in VT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da5idzero

Reaction score
Hello, I am just starting to brew all grain, and found this forum by looking for mlt plans. flyguy, I printed out the first page, went to home depot, and came back with everything needed for about fifty bucks ($39.00 cooler). I figured I had to join now, just to say thanks!

I promise to search before asking, but my focus now is on batch vs fly sparging (i.e. should i get a false bottom). ,

David

Welcome! Where in Vermont are you located?

If you're anywhere near Brattleboro, there's a bunch of us who are getting together to brew at Glibbidy's house on 10/6.

Oh, and I'd personally give batch sparging a go before worrying about fly (if you ever worry about it). Batch is E-A-S-Y and pretty fast, one less thing to worry about as you start up with AG.

Welcome to HBT! And I am glad to hear you were able to assemble your MLT.

I would give batch sparging a try first, and see how that goes. If you want to try fly sparging later, you are only going to be out the $5 you spent on the SS braid -- you can use everything else you already have to upgrade to a fly sparge outfit.

the bird, glibbidy, and fly guy (et al),

Batch sparge it is, then. I am in Burlington, so a little ways away, but thanks for the invite. I appreciate the welcome, and I hope to post a successful brew story soon.

David

Back