Homebrew in the Shower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that people who don't have a beer in the shower are wierd. Once or twice per week, millions of Finns are going to sauna - almost always with multiple beers or ciders. In between sauna rounds, people cool off in the shower (or lake), taking their drinks with them.

Your reference to people taking their drinks into the lake brings back old memories...

Back in the 70's I was finishing concrete in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. In the summertime we started work at 5 AM, and worked eight hours straight. Our lunches were whatever we could cram down during a fifteen-minute break, whenever the 'roach coach' (catering truck) showed up.

We'd finish work at 1:00 PM, well before the desert heat peaked. By 1:15 I was usually neck deep in the lake at Crazy Horse campground, holding my beer up out of the water and admiring the bikinis on the beach.

At the time I was so busy just living life that it never really occurred to me how good life was....

What the... I mean who would have even come up with th.... HOLY FREAKING COW WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!! I have never had a shower beer. I suddenly feel like taking a shower.

Homebrew in the shower? No. But back in my hardcore BMC days a Keystone tall boy in the shower after a hot day was par for the course. I once wrote a song called " Hot Shower, Cold Beer". True story.

That is just something very saitisfying about an ice cold beer in a hot shower, even more so after a day of manual labor. It just really relaxes you and all the stress and tension in your muscles go right down the drain with my pee :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409443046.325216.jpg

Dug and poured deck footings today. Def deserve this

Sent from myPhone

One of the most interesting experiences I had as an exchange student in Germany revolved around shower beer. After practice for the university ultimate frisbee team, we hit the showers and there'd be a keg of beer in there as a time for socializing and team building. It was a great mix, hot shower and cool (not cold) beer. The interesting part came from the fact that it was a coed team :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

One of the most interesting experiences I had as an exchange student in Germany revolved around shower beer. After practice for the university ultimate frisbee team, we hit the showers and there'd be a keg of beer in there as a time for socializing and team building. It was a great mix, hot shower and cool (not cold) beer. The interesting part came from the fact that it was a coed team :)

Yep, Germans are not uptight at all when it comes to nudity. I've seen more nude public swimming areas there than anyplace on this planet.

The other thing is that Germans are very serious about not consuming cold beverages. They believe that it's bad for your stomach, therefore almost nothing is served ice cold or with ice and you can't even buy bags of ice.

I'm not averse to using ice in my beverages, but I always drink beer at room temperature which in Finland averages between 20 and 22 degrees celcius. Just because it tastes better to me; cold beer loses nearly all of it's taste.

I had a roommate that would bring a sandwich in when he would settle in on the oval throne...
still can't get over that one...
of course, I'd occasionally bring a cup of coffee in...

I have my morning coffee for two reasons. One, to kick start my brain, but number two, and more importantly, to jump start my colon. -Robin Williams

Latest posts

Back