Homebrew Heroin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrodder

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this?

Once high-yield morphine-producing yeasts are developed, anyone who got ahold of them could use them to make morphine at with their own home-brewing kit, Dueber said. And it wouldn't take much—perhaps a few milliliters—to get you high.

"It's probably as simple as that," he said. "The beer would have morphine in it."

Wow. Like we don't have enough heroin addicts as it is. Maybe in 10 years homebrewers will be under scrutiny if there's people brewing beer that contains opiates.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/home-brew-heroin-coming

I didn't google for earlier articles, and searching for homebrew heroin didn't return any results on this forum, or at least I don't think it did, was blank. Sorry!

lol! Relax, it's no biggie :)

But, here's a tip: by the time you come across something brewing-related, there are already multiple threads extant herein.
There must have been at least 8 threads spawned on HBT by that one "heroin" story...

Cheers!

my kitchen is beginning to look like a meth lab with all my brew gear spread out on the table. To the uneducated a yeast starter on a stir plate with a wort chiller next to it looks Crazy!

I didn't google for earlier articles, and searching for homebrew heroin didn't return any results on this forum, or at least I don't think it did, was blank. Sorry!

Maybe I'm not using the forum properly, but one of the things I've noted is that I can't globally search the entire site for posts. I have to search each sub forum individually. Or maybe I'm just an idiot.

So, for the OP, I didn't see any of those other threads either. Thanks for posting.

Maybe I'm not using the forum properly, but one of the things I've noted is that I can't globally search the entire site for posts. I have to search each sub forum individually. Or maybe I'm just an idiot.

So, for the OP, I didn't see any of those other threads either. Thanks for posting.

Just gonna leave this here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/navigating-hbt.html

I liked the first paragraph. as for the rest of it, that's just a little more of a commitment than I'm ready to step into just to post.

+1 to this...if there is anything worse that telling a poster to just "use the search function" its to point them towards a regurgitation article about how to use google.

Ok all, just trying to help - the comment above Rhumbline stated "maybe I'm not using the forum properly." That article goes into explicit detail on how to do just that.

Latest posts

Back