Home Brewer TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesssman

Reaction score
There is no show this week as the crew is on vacation.

However, could I ask for a little help. I am working on new episode ideas and would like to ask what you would want to see on the show this coming year. Many of you have given me suggestions and I would like to expand that list of ideas.

Are you interested in:
Yeast, yeast growing, yeast flavors...
Hops and their flavors and usage...
DIY projects and what in specific...
Any other ideas...

What would you like to see on the show?

Thank you for giving me a few minutes of your time!!

Gary

PLEASE help us solve the mystery of hops. Although I'm also very interested in some diy projects (diy wort chillers, lagering chest fridges come to mind).

Love the show!

DIY projects such as Brutus builds,counterflow chillers, sparging manifolds etc. Yeast harvesting I.E. top cropping/yeast washing.

Gary, I love the show! It is much more enjoyable to me than the two offerings an TV at the moment!

Here are a few ideas, forgive me If you've covered it and I missed it:

More on yeast care and long term storage. (maybe profile a HBC yeast bank)
A segment on electric brewing.
Something for the real beginners, like steeping grains in an extract brew (along with a discussion on Lovibond, etc.).
How to make your first brew with limited equipment.
More discussion about hops, hop growing, and IBUs.
A demonstration of brewing software (maybe sponsored by beersmith).
More homebrewer profiles, showing their rigs etc.
More discussion on beer tasting and judging techniques.
A regular profile and discussion of BJCP styles.

I realize you're working out of a home studio with limited funds, but once you can become more mobile, you'll add another dimension to the show. I've watched a few episodes of the show created by Northern Brewer. I like how they visit breweries and HBCs, but I much prefer you to their host.

Sorry, I haven't gotten around to Joining and donating yet, but I will!

Good Luck!

Moose

Another vote for yeast harvesting and yeast storage. As I become more experienced and really begin to favor particular recipes and brew them over and over, harvesting yeast will save alot of money.

I believe I saw one of your episodes where you did go into this a bit with your conical fermentor but I would like to see how one does this with a bucket or carboy with no bottom outlet. I would say the majority of us do not own those nice big conical fermentors, though I would love one.

And then go a little further in depth about storage methods of the different yeasts harvested and getting them ready and back to task when another batch comes down the pipe.

Homebrewer profiling sounds cool but won't that limit the HBC's to nevada? +1000 on yeasties again!

Homebrewer profiling sounds cool but won't that limit the HBC's to nevada? +1000 on yeasties again!

Not if he does it with pictures and details of a discussion with the brewer or HBC, like he's done already while discussing equipment or brews. This may take some outreach and information gathering on Gary's part if he doesn't have enough submissions,though.

Moose

First of all, Thank you Gary for taking the time to make the show, and Happy holidays to you and the crew !! I know it can be tough to get ideas, and improve(what your already doing a great job at) without feedback and suggestions.

I would love to see a show or 2 go a little more in depth on topics:
Yeast culturing/flavor/ect
Hops profiles
Whats new/happening in the industry.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas! I will be using them in the up coming shows. AND, please remember, I always want you suggestions and ideas.

Happy New Year, everyone!!!!!

Gary

Shamus30, I have contacted High Sierra to set up a possible tour to shoot their facility.

Jafo28, there will be a series of shows about recipe creation and development, glad you are interested.

Wow, I can not thank everyone enough for your suggestions and ideas.

Gary

Back