Home Brewer TV #38

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesssman

Reaction score
Just a quick note to let you know the latest episode of Home Brewer TV is available. We talk bottling, taste some beers and look at the problems and solutions of chlorine in your brewing water.

www.homebrewertv.com

Gary

Good show,as always. good info on water qualities. I used tap water in the BK,top off with natural spring water.

Say it isn't so Gary? Pay TV??? Does this mean there will be no HBTV with out pay? Will all the ads and sponsors be going away? Not sure I am willing to pay for a podcast that has commercials in it. Seems like a double whammy.

Love the show and sad to see it coming to an end for me...Good Luck Gary!!!

Over the last month or so I have received many emails complaining about the ads the video server adds, so yes they will be gone. I need the show to pay for itself and I do not have enough sponsors to make ends meet. Sponsors are hard to get. The cost of the studio time, production crew and edit suit time has sent me backwards financially. I guess in a perfect world, I have all of our great viewers willing to keep the show going, rather than all of the cost burdens being on me. I felt 5 bucks a month was not a burden for anyone, especially since they have the 10% off from some of the sponsors.

I am always open to other ideas to keep the show free yet pay the cost of the productions.

Gary

Hey Gary!

I like the show, I always look forward to the next one but paying for a 10 min show really?
I think you would be better off putting it up on youtube getting rid of those fake backgrounds tape it live in a real brewery or mancave with some good content.

Personally I don't think the ads were bad, it was just the placement of them and how cluttered they were. A little tidying up would go a long way in my opinion. Do what you gotta do though, if you gotta keep the ads as is, I don't think it will keep people from watching regardless. Keep up the good work!

Gary, you seem like a great guy, so I feel it is important to be upfront with you about the new concept. I have to say that I enjoy the show, but not enough to pay $5 a month for it. Comparatively, I find this site much more valuable to me and it's only $25 a year (free if I want to). Even if your show and website had a higher production value, I'd be hard pressed to pay $5 a month for it.

I've always assumed that your studio was in your garage and your family was your crew. If that's not the case, then maybe it's something you should consider.

You can buy chroma-key paint, paper or fabric relatively cheaply. Compact flourescents work well for video stage lighting. Use a tripod, and eliminate the crew. For editing software, microsoft movie maker works pretty well, but I personally like Pinnacle Studio ($99) because it allows for Chroma-key and even layers of video. Lastly, you could look for different webhosting. Hostmonster allows huge data storage, email accounts, and media streaming for only $6 a month.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I'm afraid you may lose your entire audience by asking for a fee.

I want to thank everyone for your suggestions. I hear most people are only interested in the show if it is free and I certainly understand that. You all have been wonderful...

Gary

I was also disappointed to hear this, as i look forward to the show every week. 5 bucks a month seems pretty steep. I feel this is a bad move for the show. Sorry to say you will be losing me as a viewer. I'd be curious to know how many join.
Good Luck with the show!

Gary, you seem like a great guy, so I feel it is important to be upfront with you about the new concept. I have to say that I enjoy the show, but not enough to pay $5 a month for it. Comparatively, I find this site much more valuable to me and it's only $25 a year (free if I want to). Even if your show and website had a higher production value, I'd be hard pressed to pay $5 a month for it.

+1...definitely like the show, and have learned from it, both in terms of techniques as well as about great new products... But $5 per month is too much when you compare to the wealth of info available elsewhere for little (or nothing).

I'm gunna stick with it for now. $5 isn't too bad,considering the info & entertainment value. I think you're a very charismatic host,Gary. Don't:mug: loose that!

The 5 dollar membership is only for the first 1000 people who sign up. Then its 10 dollars a month. So that's the same price as Netflix for a 15 min YouTube show. That's not going to work. It's to bad because it was a great little show. I hope something else works out.

Back