Home brew finished carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie02173

Reaction score
I have recently brewed my first two home brews american ipa and european lager. I fermented for two weeks and after correct fg readings i stuck them in corny kegs without pressure for 3 days as i had the wrong gas and 4 days in a fridge on 20 psi to speed up the carbonation. I pulled my first two pints and i was very happy with the outcome and they both tasted better then expected. I would not complain if I was served this in a pub. After consuming my first two pints i cracked open a can of lager. Im thinking the carbonation is not quite there yet as the can of lager is a different level! Should i leave it up at serving temperature or turn up the psi?

Attachments

• 20201207_194637.jpg
    20201207_194637.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 35
Nice looking beers there! If you want it carbed more bump it up for a day then back down . If its still low bump it again. Just have to adjust on the fly.

Wow that is bold to make a lager as one of your first beers, but they seem to have turned out great! I like to set my head pressure to somewhere between 12-14 psi for lagers. Since you are trying to increase the carb of the beer you can either let it slowly get to the head pressure by letting it sit there with it for a week or two or you can set your psi around 18-20 give it some good shakes once an hour and let sit for a few hours. Do this until you reach your desired carb. Then turn off your gas line purge the head space and return your head pressure to 12-14 psi.

Cheers!

Wow that is bold to make a lager as one of your first beers, but they seem to have turned out great! I like to set my head pressure to somewhere between 12-14 psi for lagers. Since you are trying to increase the carb of the beer you can either let it slowly get to the head pressure by letting it sit there with it for a week or two or you can set your psi around 18-20 give it some good shakes once an hour and let sit for a few hours. Do this until you reach your desired carb. Then turn off your gas line purge the head space and return your head pressure to 12-14 psi.

Cheers!
I have been setting challenges i have recently cooked heineken and peroni lager replicas so hopefully they turn out better again! I will try that thanks

Nice looking beers there! If you want it carbed more bump it up for a day then back down . If its still low bump it again. Just have to adjust on the fly.
Im thinking if i leave it carb slowly it might taste better. Its nice to start but after 2 pints you can tell it needs something more

I pulled my first two pints and i was very happy with the outcome and they both tasted better then expected. I would not complain if I was served this in a pub.
After consuming my first two pints i cracked open a can of lager. Im thinking the carbonation is not quite there yet as the can of lager is a different level!

If you were happy with how the beer tasted, why change? I'd probably just wait another couple days to see it the carbonation level stayed the same or increased.

Back