Holy shizz I love bitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This latest bitter cleared up quick. I went with English Base Malt, Biscuit, flaked oats and C-120 for OG 1036. Hopped with Willamette at 60 and 20 for 31 IBU.

Very enjoyable beer!

i never tasted this style of beer before. any good commercial bitters out there for me to try?

Not many- some brewpubs will make them, but they're almost never bottled. Your best bet is to search for beer engines/cask beer bars in your area and see if they have an idea.

Big Al's here in Seattle makes one that I enjoy, You could find some fuller's London pride in bottles and that will give a vague idea of the beer. Very vague.

I have not lived in Tallahassee so I might be way off base, but I spent 12 weeks in Florida on business last year and finding craft beer was very challenging. Naturally, you have a much better idea of the area, so I'll shut up.

Brewing it is a great way to get accustomed to the beer! It is a cheap and easy brew day.:mug:

Back