Holiday 6.8 Hinge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddmann

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger and decided to get the Holiday 6.8 because of it compact size and able to hold 4 kegs. :D

After unwrapping it, i noticed that without even modifying it in any way that the lid could not stay up even under its own weight. I walked around to look at the hinges and saw that only one side had a spring in the hinge. Is this normal on this model?:confused:

If it is normal, then do I compress the spring more or loosen it to make the lid stay open?

The 5.3 cuft Holiday has a spring on one side only so it is definetely a possibility. It stays up fine, so I never tried to adjust the spring (and my collar is not attached to the lid).

My whirlpool only has a spring in one hinge also but there's an adjusting nut for tension on the underside. When I cranked it all the way down, it held the lid up big time... until I mounted a collar and 5 perlicks to it.

Back