hole in my biab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0808

Reaction score
so i noticed alot of gunk in my carboy when it was fermenting my first a/g batch. and it wasnt till i did my 2nd a/g batch that i noticed i had a small hole the size of a penny in my bag. i was just wondering what affect this might have on the finished product.

You could end up with a bit of astringency due to boiling some of the mash with your wort. Who knows, maybe it won't affect it noticeably. I imagine your efficiency was pretty good!

image.php

Should I use a secondary in this case with all the extra stuff in my carboy.

Unless you got a lot of grain into the boil I would not be worried.

You don't need to do a secondary. All the trub will settle to the bottom, just be careful when racking to your bottling bucket or keg, not to suck up too much trub.

Couldn't help but think of this song when I read the title...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update. Beer has been in the keg for a week and taste awesome. My first all grain and it tastes better than all 10 brew house kits I made.

Congrats! I also have had grains fall into the pot, which I boiled. Just like yours, tasted great.

Latest posts

Back