HLT and Mash Tun build adventure.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jholder83

Reaction score
Hi again guys and gals,
just posted my introductory post, wanted to also touch on my experience building an all grain setup. I'll have pictures soon when they're finished along with supply lists. I did want to say to anyone wanting to do it themselves, before you spend HOURS at the local hardware store, and hours cutting, burning, and knicking your hands, buy the premade weldless bulkheads online. You can accessorize any way you like later, but those basic weldless bulkheads for less than 20 bucks, are probably worth it. I haven't used one yet, but the reviews I've read, and the construction of them from looks is better than what you can cobble together at the LHWS, and certainly will save you some heartache and some money. I say that after probably 60 dollars in parts, and dealing with employees that don't understand the difference between 1/4" and 1/2" fittings... =) looking forward to posting more, and sharing more with you guys and gals.

Jeff :mug:

Back