Hi there from Tacoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

static

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm getting into homebrewing and I've been reading the forum and learning a lot. Going to start off simple and go straight to keg. I already have a keggerator so setting up for cornys will be simple. Besides bottling sounds like a lot of work. Any advise is appreciated and i know that search is my friend.

:mug:

Welcome from another Gritty City Dweller! I'm new to brewing myself. I just brewed my first batch a couple weeks ago. I've read so much here and it helped a lot.

Ahh The Gritty City, home to the world famous Tacoma Aroma. Ill be brewing my first batch soon. The cornys arrive next week, my 20 qt stock pot showed up yesterday. Now i just need to make it to the LHBS...

I just left Tacoma, was in the 7th, it's too bad I didnt know there were so many brewers there or I could have had a brew buddy when I first started.

I moved from Puyallup to the east side of the mountains last month. The Beer Essentials is a great LHBS..Talk to Bruce.

Welcome! You'll be rewarded for going straight to kegging, but I would also suggest you do a batch or two of bottles at some point as well. It helps to get a feel for bottle conditioning and natural carbonation.

Speaking of carbonation, there is a lot to know about force carbonation, etc. This is an outstanding thread to read up on: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/keg-force-carbing-methods-illustrated-73328/

mrwizard, Thanks for serving. Wish i had gotten into brewing sooner too but this forum is proving to be a great resource.

rossi, Beer Essentials isnt that far from me so im sure ill be visiting there quite a bit.

fall-line, maybe eventually ill bottle a few but i think that for now kegging it will be simpler and it eliminates a couple extra steps in the process which i think will help. Im a fan of the K.I.S.S. principle. Thanks for that thread. I had read it before but going over it again was useful and im sure ill refer back to it a few more times. :mug:

Latest posts

Back