Hi from South Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limeybrewer

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone in South Florida (North Broward) Area? I just joined this message board but have been brewing for some time. Looking for like minded souls.

Hey..I'm in Miami..just started brewing last weekend..lol..if you enjoy great tasting beer but hate paying 15 bucks for a bottle, then we're definately like-minded..

I'm I newbie in SoFla also! Just made my 2nd batch Saturday, my first batch is in secondary now. I don't know about the rest of you newbers, but I can't wait to taste! Stoked on this forum, already answering questions I didn't know I asked.

I'm up in Hobe Sound, always lookin' for more and more local folks to enjoy the hobby with, etc. I frequent BX Beer Depot in Lake Worth. Cheers, and welcome :mug:

Hey hop junkie, have you tried AJ's in Jupiter? A lot closer to you than Bx. I'm in jup and stop by there quite a bit lately.

Hey hop junkie, have you tried AJ's in Jupiter? A lot closer to you than Bx. I'm in jup and stop by there quite a bit lately.

I've heard mixed things about AJ's. Either way, I used to live in Boynton and I'm pretty loyal to BX regardless. Sally and Corey are great and I just love that place. I sure could check out AJ's, though. :rockin:

I'm only 3 weeks (...and 2 batches) into brewing, AJ's is close to me. I went down to Bx for a 2nd carboy (aj's didn't have any in stock) and was very impressed. That place is cool, has a great in stock inventory, and the folks you mentioned that run it were very helpful (and not drunk) and let me pick their brain for a bit. Just got a third carboy from a friend, that I didn't know used to brew. Now I'm looking at a third batch probably next week, and I haven't even bottled my first. 1rst amber ale, 2nd IPA, 3rd ?? ...maybe a stout?

I'm only 3 weeks (...and 2 batches) into brewing, AJ's is close to me. I went down to Bx for a 2nd carboy (aj's didn't have any in stock) and was very impressed. That place is cool, has a great in stock inventory, and the folks you mentioned that run it were very helpful (and not drunk) and let me pick their brain for a bit. Just got a third carboy from a friend, that I didn't know used to brew. Now I'm looking at a third batch probably next week, and I haven't even bottled my first. 1rst amber ale, 2nd IPA, 3rd ?? ...maybe a stout?

First off, welcome to the joys oh homebrewing. I always love brewing stouts. Just did a milk stout, and brewing a pumpkin porter in october. Yeah, BX is pretty awesome all around. Go down there Friday nights from 7pm-11pm for the Tiki Tasting. It's a good time, great beer available on draft and bottles(lots of hard to find stuff), live music, just a relaxing atmosphere as well. I'm usually there every other Friday or so. Hope to see you out there!

definitely going to have to check that fri thing out, i saw the taps and figured as much. just found out an offer i made on a house in tequesta is accepted! finally moving out of this apartment!! already dreaming of the upgrade possibilities! i think i may actually cook up a typical english style bitter, as c papazian put it "every castle needs a bitter" if i do it now i can drink just after closing, "new house bitters"

I frequent both AJs and BX, I prefer AJs since it is closer but have either of you tried the funky buddha homebrew store?

Also, are either of you in a local homebrew club?

mysummerbeard said:
I frequent both AJs and BX, I prefer AJs since it is closer but have either of you tried the funky buddha homebrew store?

Also, are either of you in a local homebrew club?

No club, although the 2 times I've brewed all my drunkard friends came out of the woodwork just to see. Is there a north pb county or martin county club? I have more questions than i care to type. I stop by aj's and pick jimmy's brain, call my bro in ny, he's been brewing for a bit.I haven't been to the Buddha either, how's it? Looks interesting.

No club, although the 2 times I've brewed all my drunkard friends came out of the woodwork just to see. Is there a north pb county or martin county club? I have more questions than i care to type. I stop by aj's and pick jimmy's brain, call my bro in ny, he's been brewing for a bit.I haven't been to the Buddha either, how's it? Looks interesting.

Yeah there is a palm beach club as well as a treasure coast club, i havent joined either but id like to find some people to brew with in the area

Yeah, I'm not in a club either. Really, most meetup times for clubs fall when I'm working. I tend to work a lot, lol. But at any rate, the Funky Buddha makes some interesting beers, haven't been there since they added the homebrew shop.

Y'all should hop on over to my profile and friend me, or something to that effect, so we can maybe schedule some meetup/tasting/group brew/anything in the future, as we're all local to each other. Cheers, gents!

First off, welcome to the joys oh homebrewing. I always love brewing stouts. Just did a milk stout, and brewing a pumpkin porter in october. Yeah, BX is pretty awesome all around. Go down there Friday nights from 7pm-11pm for the Tiki Tasting. It's a good time, great beer available on draft and bottles(lots of hard to find stuff), live music, just a relaxing atmosphere as well. I'm usually there every other Friday or so. Hope to see you out there!

Anyone planning on heading out there tonight????
Sarah.

SarahMatt said:
Anyone planning on heading out there tonight????
Sarah.

Quite possibly, depending on the wife. If I'm there, I'll be sitting inside wearing a black trucker hat. Name is James.

Hi all, anyone brew this past week? I made an English Bitter, easy recipe I found on BYO. Bottled my first batch last weekend also. Hurricane Irene Amber Ale!
I think I'm going to drink an early one this weekend, curiosity is gettin' to this cat!

pigdog said:
Hi all, anyone brew this past week? I made an English Bitter, easy recipe I found on BYO. Bottled my first batch last weekend also. Hurricane Irene Amber Ale!
I think I'm going to drink an early one this weekend, curiosity is gettin' to this cat!

I brewed Yuri's pumpkin ale 3 weeks ago and it has been on gas 6 days. Going to have a taste to see how it is coming along. It tasted great coming out of the fermenter but I have been having problems with off tastes after being in the keg after a couple of weeks.

I am also going to put together a batch of grape mead. Never had mead before nor have I tried to make it. Looks easy enough.

I have ahoppy red, pineapple wheat, coffee porter fermenting. a wit, an APA and a kolsch on tap, i need help drinking them to make room.

Plan on brewing three more this coming week.

I wish I had that problem! Tried my first bottle of my first batch, oooh boy I like it! Need to give it a little more time.

Caramel cream ale ay? Sounds like fun

My bitter blonde is almost there, yeasties are already settling down. Thinking about what my next 2 are going to be. I want to keep exploring but am tempted to do 2nds of the amber, and bitter I just did. Just because I like the flavor. The IPA I have in primary, jury's still out on that one

Haha! I'll take you up on that sometime soon! Cooked up a batch last night. I harvested my own yeast from my previous batch and pitched it last night. If it works (looks good so far, acting like yeast) I hope to be buying yeast a lot less often!

Loxahatchee here. Getting ready to brew my first batch. Nice to have a supplier local (Lake Worth)

Back