Hi from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedroims

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I just started the home brewing experience, I brew my first batch ( BB kit) last week, I am planning to bottling it this weekend, looking forward to learn more from you guys. :mug:

Welcome to the addiction. Be patient ... I know that's had being your first brew and I know many kits say to bottle in a week or so. But it'll actually condition faster and taste better sooner if you let it go a little longer on the yeast - at least a couple of weeks.

I was just at the New Holland Brewing company during my vacation. They have excellent beers there. I'm jealous you live so close.

Welcome to Home Brew Talk and the passion of home brewing.

I agree with Hex23, let your batch sit for 21 days at the least. I leave all my brews at least 21 days, most 28 days. It allows the yeast to complete its fermentation and clean up and clear the brew.

Test with hydrometer to make sure it has completed.... constant SG over 3 tests spaced a day apart.
Also check out brewspace and look at Michigan Mashers group.

Enjoy Brewing

Thanks guys, has been fermenting 10 days now, I am planning to rack it to secondary today and add dry hops and let it sit for another 10 days, I cant wait to drinking it :)

Welcome!
There's a lot of people from Michigan here.

I agree, wait as long as you can hold out to sample but don't feel bad for trying a bottle or two along your wait. I couldn't stand the wait on my first batch so I tried a bottle every 3 or 4 days until it tasted really, really good. It also helped me understand the changes a beer goes through during the conditioning process and how the flavors meld together over time. I count it as an educational tasting! :mug:

Yeah, Mitten State.
I started homebrewing while working at the Grand Rapids Press, living with a buncha yuks in GR. Lived in Holland for a stretch, too. Out in Colorado now, stepped up to kegging, thanks to my neighbor, who had old Golden Gate kegs lying around. Miss the Mitten. Good luck and congrats.... Relax, have a homebrew

Welcome to the club, your life will never be the same. you will be asking yourself, how deep do I want to get into this and then which brew to brew next. pretty soon you will have several containers, filled with many types of beer. it great

Welcome! Patience is key although so damn hard to come by when starting into brewing, especially for your first batch!

Welcome to the club, your life will never be the same. you will be asking yourself, how deep do I want to get into this and then which brew to brew next. pretty soon you will have several containers, filled with many types of beer. it great

I already have two :D, I planning to brew my second batch this weekend.

I say take a six pack out off your first batch and set it aside for 6-8 week after bottling. Since its your first batch have fun drinking the rest. It will taste better if you let it bottle condition for the 6-8 week, but you can be more patient on the second batch. Oh and start the thrid batch soon, between the 3-4 week in the fermentor and bottle carbing time, it can be 1-2 months per beer.

Latest posts

Back