Hi from Lake Worth FL :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veeellgee

Reaction score
Last month, I was lucky enough to have my wonderful other half buy me my own home brew set up as a 1st anniversary gift! :mug:

I in turn bought him a kegerator :D

Our first brew was an American IPA, which we half-kegged, half-bottled. It was a solid first effort, and a good session beer at 4.33% ABV - the half keg (approx 2.5 g) lasted less than a week...guess the friends enjoyed it too!

We currently have a Wheat Beer going (which I am hoping will go well with the Thanksgiving meal) into the keg/bottles on Sunday. We only plan to bottle about a dozen and keg the rest...I suspect that we will not have any left by the end of the day Thursday :drunk:

Seems like we'll need to get a couple of batches going on the backburner if we plan on meeting our household beer needs ;)

Tonnes of great info here - glad to have stumbled across it!

Welcome, Lake Worth!

You're right about the pipelining - you have to brew enough batches at the start of the hobby to get stuff into the bottles/kegs that can then condition for a few weeks before you get to drink. Fortunately, wheat beers are delightful when young - and they don't age too well, so you have to get them down your gullets. That makes them excellent candidates for new brewers, especially since they don't need time to clear before consuming.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back