Hi from Delaware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacede

Reaction score
Wow- what a forum....everything I was looking for. I (selfishly) bought my bf a brew kit for XMAS and am getting as much enjoyment out of it, maybe more, than he is. We've brewed about 6 batches so far and only one has been so-so- Brewer's Best Pacific Coast IPA- very weak and not much hop flavor despite following the recipe to a T.

I hope to get into brewing without a kit soon and see that this site is loaded with great recipes. I'd love to hear favorites from folks for Irish Red, East and West Coast IPA, Golden Ale and a nice Irish Stout, and thoughts on brewing from a kit vs. from scratch.

Welcome from another Delaware (Valley) brewer.

I've brewed about a dozen batches over the last few years and have had good luck with kits. They provide everything I need and with my brewing frequency, I don't want to store extra grain. Since you're brewing at a greater frequency you could benefit from some bulk grain purchases, especially if you want to experiment with building your own recipes.

Another welcome from Delaware proper. Georgetown. The raging Irish red recipe here is favorite of mine and found here in the forum. Sussex county has a brew club, and the brew scene around Newark is active. Kent county is UK to me. I do all grain, and the tutorials and advice her are priceless.
Eric

Back