Hi from Austin, TX - and THANKS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there all ... newbie to homebrewing here in Austin, TX. My wife bought me a Coopers kit for my birthday and I've just bottled my first batch a little over a week ago. As nice and easy as the kit is for starters, I hope to branch out into my own recipes in a couple of months, so I'm hoping this is the start of a nice long love affair with homebrew.

The instructions that came with my kit are helpful, but don't do very much of explaining "why" you're doing what you're doing. I read the first section of Charlie Papazian's Joy of Home Brewing but still had a lot of questions ... until I found this board. I've been reading the forums for a couple of weeks now and the information you all have collected here has been a GREAT resource for me that's gone a long way toward clearing up the foamy haze of beginner brewing.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL! Here's hoping for a decent batch #1 as I crack open my first bottle this weekend, and start to work on batch #2.

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome from your neighbor to the South.

^^^

Sweet somebody else from San Marcos. :) I know my profile says Austin, but I recently moved back down here until I find a house.

You aren't a student at TSU are you?

Thanks for the warm welcome, my fellow Texans (and others)!

jgardner6 & JMG680 - I appreciate the tip. I actually got both Palmer's How to Brew and Papazian's book for my birthday along with the kit. I read the beginner section of Papazian first because it seemed "easier" (less technical) but based on the rave reviews from many people on this forum I started reading Palmer today. From what I see so far, it looks like Palmer's book starts off just as easy as Papazian's, so I'm not sure what was scaring me away (maybe all the tables LOL) ... I think I will dig into Palmer in the next couple of days before I brew my second kit batch.

^^^

Sweet somebody else from San Marcos. :) I know my profile says Austin, but I recently moved back down here until I find a house.

You aren't a student at TSU are you?

Nope not a student. Was though.

Welcome from another brewing newbie in Dallas (well, originally from Cleveland, OH up until about a year ago). I gotta warn ya, once you homebrew there's no turning back! My wife got me the same kit last Christmas and I am already on my 4th batch. That's what spare bathrooms are for anyway...right? Good luck.

Back