Hi from Atlanta, GA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

error23

Reaction score
Hi, everyone - I just got my second batch (a milk stout) into the primary last night. This looks like a great site; I found it when I was looking for stout recipes yesterday.

Look forward to talking with y'all!
-error23

South side here. Hello everyone.

I've also got my second batch in the primary right now, and it's also a milk stout. What a coincidence.

This is a great little community you guys got here. Looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

Hi,

I live in Norcross. I just started my first batch towards the end of October, a Brewer's Best Robust Porter that I bought in a boxed kit from my local homebrew supply store (Brew Depot in Alpharetta). My second was an oatmeal stout that I kind of threw together with a little help from the people at the same store. Both beers turned out pretty well considering all the mistakes I made (especially on the first batch). I'm fermenting my third batch, which was intended to be a Belgian Wit with honey and extra spices thrown in to give it a little extra kick and a Christmasy sort of character to it. I think I overdid it a little bit on the honey and spices. That bad boy has been fermenting for over a week solid now with the airlock still bubbling every 3-4 seconds. My first two brews only took 3 days or so to finish in the primary. The latest looks like it may end up with more alcohol than I intended, and it might not end up tasting like your everyday Belgian Wit. But I took a sample a couple of days ago for a gravity reading and it smelled good and tasted good, so I won't worry too much if my latest "baby" turns out to be a bit of an oddball. Anyway, this looks like it is turning into an obsession very quickly. ;)

No kidding about it turning into an obsession! I'm still exploring dark beers - I got a rye stout bottled, and I'm about to do a Yeti clone. It's so much fun!

I've also hit up the Brew Depot; it's really close to where I work, even though I live on the East side of town (near EAV).

Has anyone been to Just Brew It, a bit south of Atlanta? It's my favorite brew shop (of the three I've now been to); the guy who runs it has been amazingly helpful. Maybe some of us should plan a meetup down there (or at Brickstore? It's the place for beer!).

Just Brew It is my lhbs and you are right Doug has it going on over there. The only problem is his hours. And yes we need a meet up on this side of town....

Latest posts

Back