Hey! How's it going.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoastieRon

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Ron. I brew with a couple of people that I think are on this forum. Glad I found it! Great info on coolers, cooling, hoppiing and drinking!

Best,

Ron

Welcome aboard Ron!
When I was in the USCG in the '80s, we called ourselves "Coasties". What inspired your screen name?

Retired USCG BMC (Sand Peep)

Station Manasquan Inlet, NJ 90-93
Station Gloucester, MA 93-97
Station Grand Isle, LA 97-00
Station Gloucester, MA 00-04
Station Gloucester, MA Reserve unit 04-11

Loved doing SAR. 44' crewman, 41' Coxn, 47' Coxn, 21', 24', 25' Coxn. Was on test team at Sta Glou for the 47' (47205). Gloucester put in 115 modification requests to the boat, around 75% of those requests were accepted. Was a lot of fun.

I was a Bo's'n's Mate too. Seaman on Decisive 81-83, BM3, BM2 Station Fort Totten NY (41412) 83-85, WPB95 Cape Horn 85-87. Made BM1 as a reservist at Station Fire Island. Loved the job, but left it to be a cop. Still sail on my own boat, occasionally see my old 41, still serving Long Island Sound. Fort Totten is closed, the Cape Horn was in South America last time I heard. We might know some of the same guys. Even though I'm out a long time, a few of the guys I sailed with made a career of it.

Back